I got the Apple Watch last year and I have been using it for every day ever since and I love it. Below is a brief review after using the watch for over an year.
tl:dr I love it and it is totally the best smart watch you can get. (You may want to wait a few months as apple watch 2 might launch in Oct 2016)
- Works great as fitness tracker. It has tracking for most common workout needs you may have.
- Notifications on the watch have been a huge time saver. Huge time saver while driving or in meetings. Some times you can take a step forward and acknowledge messsages (A quick reply is just a tap away).
- A plethora of apps have evolved. They help with tracking productivity and reminders etc
- Siri works well.
- Bling aspect is still true as was when it launched.
- Watch faces and the interchangeable bands help suit the mood/trend/fashion.
- Was too slow. (Not any more, watchOS 3 fixes it and the speed increase is phenomenal).
- Battery life wasn’t great. I8 hours wasn’t great in comparison to the fitbits and Garmins that last for a week. Not much of a deal breaker for me.
- Sleep tracking isn’t part of the watch at all. The pillow app fixes this. I wish the watch had native tracking like the Fitbits do.
Watch OS 3: It is a phenomal update that would be coming to the watch soon. I am testing it on my watch, it isn’t stable yet, but it opens up the watch in a multitude of ways and adressess most of the complaints and restrictiveness it had.
You may think, I am just an apple fan boy and hence my fanatcism with it. Actually I have tested the Fitbit Surge (still own one), Fitbit Flex and a Garmin Vivofit as my daily activity trackers/ smart watches. So far, the most satisfying experience has been from the Apple watch and hence my recommendation above.